Seasonal Sales Associate
Company: Tapestry, Inc.
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential
handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and
optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs
extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal
collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home
decor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA,
Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and
celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their
perfectly imperfect lifestyles.Kate Spade New York is part of the
Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to
stretching what's possible.A member of the Tapestry family, we are
part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and
is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visitpage to
learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and
diversity.Job title: Sales AssociateStarting Hourly Rate:
$15.00General purpose of the position:A Muse is someone who asks
our guests attention-grabbing questions, strikes up memorable
conversation and who reaches out to our guests in the most
delightful ways. A Muse takes our guests on a journey using the
muse moves and our guest experience tools; transforming the
traditional sales experience into a long-term
relationship.Essential duties and responsibilitiesHosting:
- * Give our guests the warmest welcome, always exuding
confidence and proper etiquette.
- * Able to develop long-term relationships with our guests by
asking the most interesting questions,dancing the muse moves,
suggesting outreach events ideas.Team Building:
- * Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- * Able to receive and give feedback in an honest and genuine
- * Celebrate fellow muse's successes.Styling & Curating:
- * Know and be able to communicate the kate spade new york
- * Ability to story tell and use product knowledge to connect
with our guests.
- * Lead and inspire with your own impeccable style, always
bringing your best look to work.
- * Have the ability to spot and talk about products.
- * Continuously work to keep the stockroom and shop
- * Understand the product landscape across all merchandise
- * Ability to multitask like a pro, from operational tasks or
cleaning the shop floor to processing POStransactions (a dull
moment is hard to come by).
- * Share ideas and feedback with the team.Qualifications:Skills
and Abilities Required:
- * Professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal
- * Prior luxury goods experience preferred
- * Proactive ability to multi-task and prioritize
- * Works well in a team environment
- * College degree preferredPhysical Requirements:
- * Available to work store schedule, as needed, including
evenings and weekends
- * Standing for extended periods of time
- * Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- * Comfortable climbing laddersKate Spade New York is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranOur Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said;
provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and
corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand;
faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not
including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to
take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up,
down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a
relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both
successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and
will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and
stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development
discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs
compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to
accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and
further development; cooperates with the developmental system in
the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and
successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be
responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.Kate Spade is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride
ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment
decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation,
transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the
applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the
requirements of the position under the consideration. These
decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed,
religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship,
disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any
other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable
law. Visit Kate Spade at .
Keywords: Tapestry, Inc., Elizabeth , Seasonal Sales Associate, Sales , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...