Customs Entry Writer II
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Customs Entry Writer II
If you re eager to become part of leading global supply chain
logistics company that provides array of services, if you re ready
to share and expand your Customs brokerage knowledge, become part
of our great import CHB team, this job opportunity is for you!
We encourage teamwork , relationship building, and encourage a
collaborative approach. We provide training, and appreciate working
with exceptional individuals that can share their brokerage
knowledge with the team. This is an opportunity to expand your
expertise in Customs Brokerage/Freight Forwarding field, and build
a career within our fast-paced growing branch! Apply now!
An ideal candidate is someone that follows the values of
- Creative - strive to develop better ways of working - then act
on them and share them with colleagues
- Committed - build relationships, show your dedication to
qualify and get every detail right
- Connected - be open and transparent in the way you work and
make sure you truly understand your customers challenges
Come be part of our brokerage team to elevate your logistics
The Entry Writer II is responsible for the accurate and timely
submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo
through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to
customers. The Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate and must
possess good customer service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities;
- Receive and review documentation, to input and transmit data
for CBP release of shipments.Follow SOPS for each customer on the
correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Assist in classifying products according to the HTSUSA
- Identify products that are subject to PGA s
- Maitain system task list to identify the status of every entry
through each phase of the CBP process
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for reporting
discrepancies to management.
- Responsible for meeting KPI s (Key Performance Indicators) for
- Manage customs issues, such as holds and exams.
- Handle entry cancellations; IT/TE/IE moves as needed
- Handling carnets and TIB entries
- Identify and resolve issues that mahy result in delayed cargo
release or final delivery
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely
clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Report problem resolutions to management in a timely manner
including suggestions for problem avoidance in the future.
- Communicate in writing or verbally with customers and managment
all issues affecting specific urgent shipmentsTrack and trace
shipments and coordinate with airlines, steamship lines, freight
forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of
freight solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flowHandle
accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of
invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing
of payment requisitions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and or GED, plus 2-5 years of experience
and/or training as an entry writer or in customs broker operation
and/or training is required.
- Must have sound knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff
- Familiarity with Free Trade Agreements required
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Elizabeth , Customs Entry Writer II, Professions , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!