Location: Highland Park
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Call (844) 333-8197 Today!
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in
the marketplace. WestRock s team members support customers around
the world from locations spanning North America, South America,
Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Commercial Driver position for Victory Packaging typically
involves driving a company owned vehicle to deliver our product to
our customers. Drivers will primarily make daily deliveries in our
local area, covering distances of less than 50 miles between
customer locations. Routes driven are considered short haul and
intrastate (less than 150 air-miles radius).
This is a 2nd shift role.
- Valid, state driver s license with no motor vehicle violations
within last 12 months
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Divers License required (Class A)
- Meet and maintain all DOT related requirements
- One or more year(s) experience as a truck driver
- General fluency in English required, verbal and
- Basic computer literacy preferred
- Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Operate trucks for the local delivery, pick-up and relocation
of product and materials.
- Perform required maintenance of vehicle.
- Maintain required reports, including maintenance and time
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and
- Follow all safety rules for equipment and material handling as
required by DOT, OSHA and Company safety program.
- Inspect all materials received for order accuracy and
- Communicate effectively with operations staff about customer
concerns and inventory issues.
- Assist with loading materials onto truck.
- Assist with unloading materials returned to Victory.
- Utilize material handling equipment, such as fork lifts and
- Coordinate last minute or unscheduled deliveries to meet
- Restock or clean warehouse when not driving route
- Pull orders or conduct manual inventory checks
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform job duties in severe weather conditions: heat, cold,
- Sit and drive for longer than 6 hours of time without
- Lift 50 pounds repeatedly and without assistance or
- Utilize all material handling equipment without
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it
very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base
operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where
everyone feels valued and respected.
Call (844) 333-8197 Today!
Keywords: WestRock, Elizabeth , Commercial Driver, Professions , Highland Park, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!