Bus Garage Foreman - Full Benefits + 401k Retirement Plan
Company: NJ Transit
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Now Hiring Bus Garage Foreman
This position presents the exciting professional opportunity for
you to use your talents and energy to supervise a maintenance team
at one of our garages.
What We Offer:
- At NJ TRANSIT, you will enjoy a competitive salary and
excellent benefit package:
- Family Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans - up to 9% employer
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
- Orientation Pay -
- Holiday Pay -
- Holidays Off -
About the Position:
- Supervises employees on assigned shift, including assigning and
reviewing work to ensure sufficient, clean, and safe vehicles are
available for pull-out.
- Coordinates with other Maintenance Foremen and Transportation
staff at the garage, the Control Center, and at Bus garages to
ensure that road calls are properly handled, and that pull-outs go
- Monitors workforce at assigned locations to coordinate
maintenance activities and clean up activities and to ensure
equipment is inspected in accordance with NJ TRANSIT maintenance
- Supervises stock room, authorizes special orders, issues
materials and ensures security and accurate accounting of
- Trains, counsels, and motivates staff to maintain and improve
- Enforces work rules, safety and cleanliness standards; monitors
condition of facility and equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring the timeliness and completeness of
the revenue collection system, including proper vaulting procedures
and reporting procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent -
- Five (5) years of applied experience in bus
- Other applied experience in heavy diesel (preferred) vehicle or
automotive maintenance may be substituted for bus maintenance
Forbes List of America's Best Employers 2018
JOB SECURITY, TRAINING, -EXCELLENT BENEFITS, DIVERSITY AND
INCLUSION, VOTED FORBES BEST PLACES TO WORK, OPPORTUNITIES FOR
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming
the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are
committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our
customers to their destinations on time and we're looking to hire
talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
Call -973-298-0315 or Apply Below!
Keywords: NJ Transit, Elizabeth , Bus Garage Foreman - Full Benefits + 401k Retirement Plan, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!