Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Requisition ID: req35078Job Title: CaseworkerSector: Social
WorkEmployment Category: Fixed TermEmployment Type:
Full-TimeCompensation: USD 26.00 - 26.00 HourlyLocation: Elizabeth
(NJOR), NJ USA
Job Overview: The Caseworker provides trauma-informed services to
refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive
resettlement experience and the achievement of client
self-sufficiency. The Caseworker works closely with clients,
colleagues, and external parties to develop service and/or
self-sufficiency plans to meet individual client needs and
preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social,
vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with
client eligibility and program requirements.Major
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Conduct intake services with clients to assess needs. Develop
self-sufficiency plans and timelines in partnership with each
client. Provide individualized support through direct services,
referrals, and advocacy.
- Provide case management for clients enrolled into the Refugee
Social Services Program
- Assess and monitor client progress to support their attainment
of established goals, address challenges, and to ensure that
available resources are utilized.
- Detail each client interaction in accordance with program
requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist
with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner
organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service
providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation
(where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as
needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and
- Other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Education: Bachelor's
degree in social work or related field of study preferred.Work
- Relevant professional experience in human services field
required; minimum of 2 years' experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations
strongly preferred.Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills;
ability to effectively build internal and external
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined
with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and
manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in
language(s) spoken by IRC's clients is desired; preferably Haitian
Creole, Spanish and/or Ukrainian.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for
data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.Working
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and
'field' time within the service delivery area to perform the above
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.COVID-19
Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC's duty to provide
and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our
commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and
communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview
to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be
considered for this position.Commitment to Diversity and
Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization
and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications
from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to
this goal. Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodation.#LI-GR1 Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Elizabeth , Caseworker, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!