Sewer Operator L423
Company: American Water
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Share Our Purpose. Be Yourself. Feel Valued.
People are the heart of our business. As an American Water
employee, you will be offered a competitive salary and health
benefits package, along with opportunities to develop, grow, and
evolve your career. Our benefits packages focus on key areas such
as health & wellness, emotional & well-being, and savings for
current & future goals.
We are Beautifully Different. We strongly believe having diversity
across our company makes us more successful and helps us provide
essential services to our customers. We are stronger because we
embrace different ideas, viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds.
American Water is the best choice for your next role! Click here
for more information on our inclusion, diversity, and equity
American Water is the best choice for your next role! With a
history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the
largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water
and wastewater utility company. The company employs approximately
6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and
regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an
estimated 14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides
safe, clean, affordable, and reliable water services to our
customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information on
American Water, visit--- amwater.com ---and follow American Water
on--- Twitter ,--- Facebook ---and--- LinkedIn .
Maintains, Operates, and repairs sewer system under the Contract
with the City of Elizabeth.
- Coordinate, monitor, and control the safe and efficient
utilization of Company resources, when assigned.
- Locate, access, operate and repair Sewer facilities such as,
but not limited to mains, catch-basins, manholes and pump
- Investigate and diagnose flow variations that may adversely
impact sewer system operations and customer service and initiate
- Locate Sewer system facilities, and in accord with the
Underground Facility Program, mark-out system facilities and
initiate requests to mark-out other utilities' facilities.
- Operate and repair Sewer system facilities such as but not
limited to cleaning mains, cleaning catch-basins and catch basin
laterals, and maintaining sewer and storm water pump stations.
- Collect and evaluate effluent samples, as directed, in
accordance with established practices.
- Transports materials to and from Sewer system facilities and
- Prepare Sewer system facilities for adverse weather
- Record pertinent data and maintain accurate and complete
- Able to speak, read, write and understand the English
- Must possess a working knowledge of the various materials
utilized in the Sewer system and possess the ability to properly
and safely make necessary repairs to ensure the integrity of the
- Customer Service focused.
- Possess geographic knowledge of the Sewer system service area
and collection system.
- Must have working knowledge of Company policies, procedures,
and safety practices applicable to area of responsibility, as well
as federal regulations regarding confined spaces, trenching and
shoring, and Competent Person.
- Must be capable of interpreting diagrams, blueprints,
schematics and maps and possess a working knowledge of sewer
dynamics, pumping stations and backflow preventers.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Capable of operating Company equipment and vehicles necessary
for the completion of assigned.
- Ability to operate and maintain a Jet-vac truck and
- Basic understanding of Sewer pumping stations and related
- Field environment, both indoors and outdoors.
- Daily local travel
- May be assigned to perform any responsibility that lies within
the capability of the employee based on experience, knowledge,
qualifications, and training.
- The individual must be able to perform the essential functions
and meet the physical requirements for the position.
- May be assigned to perform responsibilities either individually
or in conjunction with other employees.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing---
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they arean individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Elizabeth , Sewer Operator L423, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!