Company: Performance Team
Posted on: September 15, 2022
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and
value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees
alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our
customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for
Performance Team and Damco Distribution, now part of the Maersk
global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution
division, offer third party logistics services to over 500
customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of
warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large
transportation segment capturing a variety of services, we have key
supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas,
and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with
multiple locations in the Midwest. Delivering significant sales and
profitability growth, we will drive the Inland Logistics and
Services business for the combined US business units for
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with
ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping
materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom,
warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reviews inbound appointment log and open order report each day in
order to plan work activities.
* Plans inbound and out bound schedules accordingly to meet
* Determines staffing needs based on work load and schedules staff
* Assigns workers to specific duties based on work load and
* Reviews and updates operational procedures as necessary and
ensures they are communicated to and understood by the warehouse
* Tracks productivity and qualifies performance by individual,
function, and department.
* Works with Inventory Control to ensure the highest level of
inventory accuracy possible.
* Manages payroll of department.
* Advises employees on handling of items received, stored, and
shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing,
maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
* Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies
between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial
actions to resolve discrepancies.
* Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and
* Issues written and oral instructions.
* Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed.
* Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
* Position is full-time and on-site.
Directly supervises 20+ employees in the area of Operations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with all legal requirements. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Performance Team- A
Maersk Company in the U.S. and need special assistance or an
accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if
you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please
contact the Human Resources Department by calling 844-447-7878 or
emailing email@example.com. Determination on requests
for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Performance Team, Elizabeth , Operations Supervisor, Other , Avenel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!