Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Business Unit Description:Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location Description:Michael Foods, Inc. located in Elizabeth,
New Jersey has a proud history dating back to the founding our our
Country. Elizabeth is a great American City.
This position has the responsibility to comply with safety work
rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce safety as
a core value. Ensure that all policies, procedures, and activities
related to food safety & quality are followed and complied with
uniformly to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team player who aligns and upholds our values: Teamwork,
Accountability, Innovation and Continuous Improvement and passion
for customer and consumers
- Attend and actively participates in safety meetings and
- Always ensure regulatory compliance
- Train all new hires on essential job functions
- Direct and assist the Technicians as needed and perform QA
Line-Tech quality responsibilities
- Report any detected abnormalities to the Production Supervisor,
QA Supervisor, Operators and Managers
- Ensure that customer requirements, USDA and company standards
- Ensure that all USDA, FSIS, FDA, CN, Customer and Company
specifications are met
- Perform laboratory duties: off grade, calibration, monitor
product sampling, monitor or conduct swabbing program, and customer
- Perform SAP functions, locating pallet production time,
transfer orders, monitor Production and QA control charts, batch
mixing, tanker logs etc.
- Monitor label declared weights on all products produced
- Foster open communication with all departments.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with co-workers.
- Make sure paperwork is correctly done by Line Technicians and
- Performs basic cooking skills
- Ability to eat eggs to perform identity testing by using
organoleptic skills (odor, taste, appearance)
- Assume personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies/procedures
and incorporates safety and health in all job duties/tasks
- Adhere to safe work practices, follows GMPs and HACCP
guidelines, maintains sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained. Report any conditions or practices that may
adversely affect employee safety or food safety/quality to
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:EDUCATION,
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Certification from college or technical school or equivalent
combination of education, training and/or experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, organizational and
time management skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking and
- Must be able to work independently and in teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Basic proficiency using computer programs (MS Office) for
collecting and analyzing data and writing procedures and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak
effectively before groups, customers/vendors, or employees of the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Pallet jack permit preferred, but not required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Workers are required to wear proper PPE such as hair nets, ear
plugs, and certain areas require earmuffs
- Occasional bending, sitting, standing, stooping, pushing,
pulling, and reaching over shoulders
- Frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking and repetitive
- Exposure to changes in temperature and humidity
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manufacturing plant is a large, open floor. Some areas have
loud machineries, and some areas are wet.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Elizabeth , Shift Lead, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!