CDL Class A Delivery Driver Trainee
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Starting Rate: $20 per Hour
Full Benefits Package Starts After 30 Days!
Union Representation with Teamsters Local 863
12-Week Training Program!
Home Every Day!
Like a good challenge? Team atmosphere? Physically active?
Being a Class A Delivery Driver is a great career
Click here for more info!
Learns to and gains experience to drive a tractor trailer and/or
straight truck on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose
of delivering and/or unloading various food and food related
products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance
with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Routes may be
local, over the road (OTR), shuttles and/or overnight. Functions as
a team member within the department and organization, as required,
and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Attends and successfully completes PFG Driver Trainee Dock to
Driver Training Program as required. Perform "pre-trip safety
check" inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of
Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure
they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as
- Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of
products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate
and in legible fashion all the required paper work associated with
- Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer
- Rides-with, assists with deliveries as required. Drive to and
deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and
- Unload products from the trailer transport items into
designated customer storage areas.
- Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor
about removing orders according to company policy.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load
customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver
check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets,
insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from
trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in
accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform "post trip safety check" on the vehicle, secure tractor
and trailer and / or "Red Tag" for repair or maintenance as
- Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area
and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the
- Secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to
secure new DOT Health Card
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
- Internal applicants must meet requirements outlined in the PFG
Entry Level Driver Trainee or Dock to Driver Training Program
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Elizabeth , CDL Class A Delivery Driver Trainee, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!