ShopRite - Bookkeeper
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: Old Bridge
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while handling all forms
of tender, reporting store sales, handling deposits, receipts,
crediting of store funds and complying with Company security
procedures; to maintain equipment and supplies, and assist Courtesy
Counter Associates as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to work in varying temperatures
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils & equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clean of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Adhere to security policies and procedures (i.e. spot checks,
pickups, coupons, cash room integrity).
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to Bookkeeping operation.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to departmental operations.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash
- Make change with all denominations of American currency.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Record store sales and hourly readings.
- Responsible for daily balancing of drawers, house fund, lottery
and other areas as necessary.
- Proper ordering of supplies and change.
- Reporting any suspicious activity or mishandling of funds.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried
in the store.
- Be familiar with the functions of the digital processing
equipment and be able to differentiate between various types of
images and related merchandise (if applicable).
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Elizabeth , ShopRite - Bookkeeper, Other , Old Bridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!