Starting at $20.00/hr
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k Match
We have a current opportunity for an Hazmat Tech to provide
specialized environmental services to our utilities and remediation
Responsibilities include chemical spill response, chemical
clean-up, confined space entry, equipment operation, labeling,
loading/unloading, coordinating transportation, and
sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal
environmental, health, and safety regulations.
Benefits and Compensation:
At Veolia, you'll find excellent rewards and benefits, along
with the chance to make a difference in our world
We offer an exciting, dynamic workplace, with a comprehensive
benefit package that includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Spending accounts - flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the
health savings account (HSA)
- Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
- Supplemental long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary group legal
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible benefit plans
- Voluntary Group Legal Benefits
- Adoption Reimbursement
- College-Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer Matched 401(K) Plan
- Employee discount programs including: Pet insurance, Home
insurance, Auto insurance
- Work Life Balance/Paid time off
o Paid Holidays
o Paid Vacation
o Paid Sick Days
o Paid Personal Days
- On the job training
- Career Advancement
- Uniform & Safety Equipment Provided
o Safety Glasses
- Employee referral program
- Incentive Bonus Programs
- Job Summary:
Responsible for safely transporting hazardous and non-hazardous
materials from the customer site to the appropriate designated
sites using van trailers, straight trucks, flatbeds, tankers,
roll-off frames, or other waste carrying equipment. Ensures that
the condition of the material packaging meets the U.S. Department
of Transportation (DOT) specifications, inspects manifests and
shipping paperwork for accuracy, and maintains current
transportation permits for all areas traveled. Abides by all
regulations set forth by DOT, EPA, state and local governments, and
VES-TS policies and procedures.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle and/or trailer prior to
driving to ensure safety and integrity of equipment going to
- Prior to transporting materials reviews shipment records,
manifests, container labeling, vehicle placards, and integrity of
loaded drums, roll-off boxes or bulk tankers.
- Ensure that DOT requirements such as load weight limits, driver
log books, Vehicle Inspection Records, transportation permits,
insurance cards, fuel trip reports, IFTA fuel stickers, or other
paperwork is up to date and valid.
- Consult with customers pertaining to load conditions, drum
counts or paperwork inconsistencies to ensure that materials can be
properly transported to designated site(s).
- Notify immediate supervisor of any moving violations and/or
accidents in-route to and/or from sites.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of materials at designated
sites utilizing appropriate equipment.
- Responsible for assisting with housekeeping as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Prior commercial driving experience required
- Prior vacuum truck experience required
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driving License (CDL)
- Hazmat endorsement required
- Tanker endorsement required
40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred (training provided if
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Familiarity with U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations pertaining to the transportation
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions
to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses
and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is
unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and
sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means
improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their
water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more
than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and
organizations throughout North America.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Drivers License
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.