Company: Planet Pharma
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Position Summary /Objective:
This position performs analyses, inspection, and testing of
products, raw materials, in-process materials, release test
samples, stability samples, or packaging materials. Performs
qualitative and quantitative assays on samples, to ensure quality
standards and compliance with company standards, customer and
governmental regulatory requirements, and product specifications
for the chemical or physical properties. Uses approved Test
Methods, Protocols, Procedures (SOPs) and Corporate Policies while
maintaining adherence to current industry standards. Employs
variety of analytical techniques that vary from standard analytical
equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation, aides in
maintenance and certification of test instruments and apparatus to
ensure compliance. May be involved or responsible for performing
Laboratory Investigations, Change Controls, audit/review of
laboratory data, implementing CAPA, Planning and scheduling
laboratory activities, and coordinating process improvements.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Follow established laboratory safety procedures.
- Analyze samples using appropriate instrumentation (depending on
training, some or all of the following would apply - HPLC, GC, UV,
IR, KF, pH, etc.) while following current Methods & Procedures
- Process and report HPLC instrumental analysis using Empower
data processing software.
- Process and report other instrumental analysis using the
instrument specific data processing software.
- Document all activities in a legible manner following
established formats and procedures.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with instrumentation and
- Initiate and conduct laboratory investigations
- Review and approve analytical data
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Train new and current employees.
Qualification and Requirements Requirements Education
- BS/BA in Chemistry, or BS in a Related Science
- Minimum 0 - 1 year in a pharmaceutical laboratory
Specialized or Technical Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications
required * Must possess knowledge regarding various tests and wet
chemistry techniques that pertain to Raw Material and/or Finished
Product analyses (depending on assigned product line, some or all
of the following would apply - Viscosity, Thin Layer
Chromatography, various forms of Limit Tests, etc.)
- Knowledge of cGMPs.
- Knowledge of compendia procedures where applicable (i.e., USP,
NF, BP, etc.).
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Empower software and Microsoft Office- Word
- Possess strong mathematical skills - fractions, percentages,
ratios and algebraic expressions.
- Possess good problem solving skills
Physical Demand Requirement The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Approximately 60%
standing or walking.
Keywords: Planet Pharma, Elizabeth , Chemist I, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!