Clinical Manufacturing Supervisor, Cell Therapy
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: June 4, 2021
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Provide supervision for a team of employees who manufacture
human blood derived components per Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and Master Batch Records (MBR's) in a controlled, cleanroom
environment of a multi-product clinical facility. Manufacturing
Supervisors address employee concerns, ensures staff are complaint
with training requirements, reviews & approves timecards, and
addresses production issues with cross functional teams.
Manufacturing supervisors are expected to manage technical and
personnel needs for transfers into and out of facility.
Communication of production deviations and assistance with quality
investigations are required, as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure staff are properly trained on controlled, approved GMP
- Become trained on all aspects of assigned processes
- Manage tech transfers into and out of facility
- Develop a high level of technical knowledge of project(s)
- Manage all administrative items for direct reports.
- Document employee growth and performance.
- Document and address employee corrective actions and
performance improvement plans.
- Pre- and Post-Production shift communication to manufacturing
- Manage cross functionally to resolve on the floor production
- Escalate concerns/ issues to Manufacturing Management.
- Interview potential new employees.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and necessary.
- Interact and communicate with supporting departments and
Knowledge/ Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of cell culture, cryopreservation, purification,
and aseptic processing or lab technique
- Experience within cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- Basic mathematical skills
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Previous experience managing, coaching, and providing
instructions to staff
- Preferred- experience with electronic inventory systems
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in a scientific discipline plus 4 years of
relevant experience OR Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline
plus 6 years of relevant experience
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions;
however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may
- Flexible hours may be required to meet manufacturing needs
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and
controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be
required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face,
core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources
are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with
assigned pressure and temperature conditions. Reagents, chemicals,
and exposure to sanitization agents are expected.
- Routine exposure to human blood components.
- Designated areas prohibits food, any outside materials such as
cell phones, tablets, at a minimum.
- Potential 5% domestic travel
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on
the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with
disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process,
reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their
roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process
direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit
careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal
Employment Opportunity statement.
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Elizabeth , Clinical Manufacturing Supervisor, Cell Therapy, Other , Warren, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!