ShopRite - Maintenance
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our
Customers with accurate, friendly and efficient service; to perform
maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the store as presented
by Store Management to ensure that the store premises and fixtures
are kept clean and sanitary; to present a clean, attractive
environment to the store's Customers and its Associates and ensure
that the work shift contributes positively to the best interests of
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Empty all trash and recycling containers as prescribed by Store
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms including all plumbing fixtures in
the manner prescribed by Store Management.
- Replenish paper and soap supplies in all restrooms as
- Clean, mop, sweep, scrub, strip, wax, buff or vacuum floor
areas as designated by Store Management or as prescribed in
established store procedures, schedules or guidelines.
- Clean Associate break and lunch areas.
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and submit purchase
orders or requests to Store Management or as prescribed in
established store procedures, schedules or guidelines.
- Operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good
operating condition; observe the safe method of performing all
- Control excessive use of utilities, supplies and water and
observe sound conservation practices.
- Coordinate own activities and functions with those of
Associates to obtain maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
Customer actions and behavior; report to Store Management or
Security any abnormal behavior.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Maintain the security of auxiliary doors and entrances when
using them to take out trash containers to empty into outside
refuse bins or when using exterior sites to prepare or clean
equipment (i.e. floor scrubbers).
- Maintain good communications with Associates and Store
Management throughout the organization.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Collect empty shopping carts from assigned areas and return
them to their proper place.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Observe store rules and Company policies.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or
assigned by the Store Management.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and with all Local,
State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacture's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and
- Assist in training personnel when required.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Stand for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Elizabeth , ShopRite - Maintenance, Other , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!