Hardware Analog-Digital Design Engineer (CCD/CMOS Detection Systems)
Company: OSI Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Hardware Analog-Digital Design Engineer (CCD/CMOS Detection
The ideal candidate will possess a strong electronics design and
development background and will provide project leadership, as well
as, individual technical contributions to an engineering team
focusing on the design and development of Light Detecting Systems
involving CCDs,PDAs, InGaAs and CMOS sensors for spectroscopy and
- Lead project contributor to system architecture and development
of Light Detecting Systems involving CCDs, PDAs, InGaAs and CMOS
- Involvement and oversight in all phases of the product
development cycle including: requirement definition, design,
qualification and production support.
- Design of low noise, high bandwidth Analog /
high-speed Digital circuits including board level
test/debug & system integration.
- Supervision of PCB layout/routing requirements for new
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering principles in
both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this
knowledge to develop cost effective, highly reliable CCD/CMOS
- Strong understanding of low noise / wide bandwidth analog and
mixed signal circuits involving Op-Amps, Voltage References, LDOs,
DACs, ADCs and discrete semiconductors.
- Demonstrated experience in circuit modeling and simulation
techniques for loop stability and transient performance
- Exposure to system level power distribution design and power
- Experience with data acquisition systems incorporating
high-speed interfaces such as USB 2/3, Gig-E & EtherCAT.
- Ability to guide and oversee PCB CAD designers, and provide
clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement,
low noise analog / high speed routing, etc.).
- Experience performing trade studies for cost and
- Familiarity with high-speed test equipment including:
Oscilloscopes, DVMs, Power Supplies, Function Generators and Logic
/ Spectrum Analyzers.
- Sound test & troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal
- Knowledge of CCD and CMOS imager architectures a plus.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics for schematic capture and PCB
- Experience designing with (5V to 40V) involving Bipolar,
BiCMOS, and CMOS type parts.
- Expertise in AC-DC & DC-DC converter topologies and associated
design techniques for low-noise data acquisition platforms.
- Product design experience in meeting CE & LVD Safety
- Advanced degree preferred in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Engineering with 7+ years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of a BSEE degree with 10+ years of directly related
- Will accept 15+ years of equivalent engineering design
experience associated with designing instrumentation products,
analytical instruments and/or related embedded control
Location: On-site in Piscataway, NJ
Type: Full Time
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com
Keywords: OSI Engineering, Inc., Elizabeth , Hardware Analog-Digital Design Engineer (CCD/CMOS Detection Systems), Other , avenel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!