Director of Compliance Assurance Technology and Data - Rutherford NJ - 21(C15 - R)
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Risk & Control technology within GFT ( Global Functions
Technology ) is responsible to manage the technology work for
Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM). ICRM is Citi--s
second line of defense that manages Compliance Risk. Team is
responsible for implementation of strategic solutions to manage
compliance risk as it relates to the Laws, Rules and Regulations
(LRR) applicable to Citi and its relationship to Policies,
Procedures and Controls and regular Risk Assessments, Monitoring
and Testing of all business areas for proper adherence to controls
and reduce risk to the firm . Team develops and support various
application components, Dashboard and Reporting system.
There are many initiatives and journeys being started with
objective to build target state solution through agile development
process with multi-year deliverables and committed regulatory
milestones. As part of these journeys, we are also responsible for
working with various groups and teams from business systems,
central data team and CDO to acquire data from business systems,
perform data transformation and aggregation, and DQ validation of
critical data elements (CDEs). We are also required to align
ourselves with Citi enterprise-wide technology strategy, procedures
and standards in the design and architecture of our compliance risk
functions. We are expected to manage all inter-dependencies with
other systems and integration with horizontal functions within risk
& control to enable compliance risk users to effectively manage and
monitor issues, breaches, and escalations across the firm.?
The Director of Compliance Assurance Technology and Data is a
senior management level position responsible for accomplishing
results through the management of a team or department in an effort
to establish and implement new or revised application systems and
programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall
objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis
and programming activities.
- Create and maintain a lo ng term strategy with sound business
process and technical architecture and plan for accomplishing
target state and achieving business and regulatory milestones in a
systematic and timely manner.
- Manage/develop multiple teams of professionals to accomplish
established goals and conduct personnel duties for team ( e.g.
performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well
as ensure team adheres to best practices and process Develop vision
for team around roles and responsibilities, and structure team to
ensure greatest impact, efficient use of resource, and alignment to
- Prepare and present regular team/project reviews to senior
management and business leaders
- I n-depth technology experience in executing enterprise level
projects and be able to design, develop and deliver effective
solution through collaboration, socialization of ideas and capture
peoples thought process.
- Drive the design and development of system architecture, work
with end-users of the systems, and enhance the quality of
deliverables Ensure staff follows Citi documented policy and
procedures as well as maintain desktop procedures and supporting
documentation for filings on a current basis and in comprehensive
- Monitor and manage approach/end results, budgeting, planning,
policy formation, and contribute to future strategy of the
- Ensure change is managed with appropriate controls,
documentation, and approvals including implementation of new and
revised regulatory reporting requirements
- Research and resolve issues, provide recommendations, and
escalate to senior management as needed
- Manage and maintain all disaster recovery plans, oversee
appropriate testing, and provide permit-to-operate for new
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional,
and location news and updates to engage team in the progress of
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices and
processes for the department and ensure transparency and
consistency across teams
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 8-10+ years of managerial experience
- PMP Certification, Specific to business Licenses and other is
not required but a plus .
- Require in-depth knowledge and experience in Java, JEE,
Microservices and UI/UX technologies?
- In depth e xperience in data architecture, data analytics and
database technologies using both RDBMS and BigData systems .
- Experience in managing and implementing successful
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or
unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Working knowledge of the industry and competitors-- products
- Experience with financial products .
- Advanced knowledge of strategic direction of the function
within relevant part of the business . Good knowledge of Compliance
and other control functions within a financial firm.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and development skills
- Bachelor--s degree/University degree or equivalent
- Master--s degree / MBA not required but
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi--) invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition
of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Elizabeth , Director of Compliance Assurance Technology and Data - Rutherford NJ - 21(C15 - R), IT / Software / Systems , Warren, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!