Occupational Therapist - Autism School - 5-10 hrs/wk (Philadelphia)
Posted on: November 14, 2018
Merakey is seeking a part time Occupational Therapist to join our autism and emotional support specialty school in Philadelphia, PA.
The schedule for this position will include 5-10 hours per week.
As a member of our team, the Occupational Therapist will select and implement activities that will help individuals to learn work and life management skills within limits of their mental and physical disabilities. You will work with IEP team members, clinicians, families, and program staff; using the multidisciplinary evaluation to create, develop, and implement individual and/or group therapy goals for each child as specified in the child's IEP.
General responsibilities include:
- Complete and maintain necessary records and documentation.
- Participate in Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings to review progress on IEP goals.
- Confer with classroom teachers to provide information/instruction on effective techniques to use with each individual.
- Develop and implement IEP goals relevant to each individual's realistic rehabilitative needs.
- Provide any tests or evaluations to help determine goals and need areas.
- Responsible for reviewing and disseminating COTA/L progress billable hours and paperwork to the appropriate person (as applicable).
- Suggest, develop, and co-lead topical workshops, training sessions, and in-services as needed.
- Confer with parents / caregivers on a regular basis (both verbal and written) regarding progress of each individual child and to instruct them on strategies that are effective.
- Complete monthly summaries, progress monitoring and quarterly report cards.
- Conduct group therapy sessions as clinically indicated.
- Attend staff meetings as directed. ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS
By blending behavioral expertise utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and education, Merakey schools partner with families, school districts and community organizations to provide a quality educational environment. The goal is to teach students the skills necessary for success in the general education setting and to transition them, as appropriate, back to a less restrictive environment within their home school districts, competitive employment and/or independent living. Services within our schools include the following:
- Autism Classrooms
- Emotional Support Classrooms
- Transition Services (Vocational Training, Independent Living, Post-Secondary Education)
- PETALS (Promoting Educational & Tangible Alternative Life Strategies) for Girls
- PAES (Practical Assessment Exploration System)
- ESY (Extended School Year)
- For more information, please visit www.merakey.org ABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Keywords: occupational therapy, occupational therapist, OT, NBCOT
- Bachelor of Arts or Master of Arts in Occupational Therapist program certified by national board of certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is required
- Must possess a valid/active Pennsylvania Occupational Therapist License
- Experience working with children with autism preferred Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Merakey, Elizabeth , Occupational Therapist - Autism School - 5-10 hrs/wk (Philadelphia), Human Resources , Philadelphia, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!