Company: E&J Gallo
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Merchandiser Location: Elizabeth, NJ (Gallo Wine Sale, US Date:
Nov 10, 2022 Company: E. & J. Gallo Why Gallo? With a global
portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the
largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands.
Your Future. SUMMARY Provides merchandising support and service to
assigned areas. Gallo Wine Sales of NJ does not sponsor for
employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Assists Division Field Service Representatives as needed to
support account servicing.
- Takes direction while supporting the functions of the
distributor sales team.
- Participates in calls on accounts to provide service and
- Lifts and moves cases of wine while demonstrating how to
merchandise and building displays.
- Participates in developing positive relationships with
customers and prospective customers.
- Participates in design critiques when appropriate.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If
accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their
understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency
- Experience working independently and manage time commitments to
meet established service goals.
- Experience working cooperatively with others.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions,
correspondence, and memos.
- Permanent, legal right to work in U.S.
- Required to be physically capable of executing all essential
functions to perform the job.
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of background
check. Required to obtain a California driver's license or
appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years and no
DUI/DWI convictions within the past 5 years.
- Required to lift, move, stack, etc., product cases weighing
approximately 50 lbs. each.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in managing multiple assignments.
- Experience in problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience working independently and managing time commitments
to meet established service goals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; talk or hear. Specific vision requirements include
close vision. Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits
historically associated with race, including but not limited to,
hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and
twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion,
physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as
defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing
genetic characteristics in California), genetic information,
marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender
status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic
violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis
protected by applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,
please let us know at (see application details).
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Compliance, Law, Legal
Keywords: E&J Gallo, Elizabeth , Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!