Restaurant Shift Leader
Company: Burger King
Location: Bound Brook
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Restaurant Shift LeaderThe Shift Leader supports the Restaurant
General Manager (RGM) in ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction
through financial controls, operations, direction of Team Members,
and compliance within the scope of an assigned shift. The Shift
Leader has full accountability for restaurant operations during
assigned shift when the RGM is not present. This position operates
under the direct management of the RGM and helps lead the
restaurant team. The Shift Leader interacts with restaurant team
members and management, outside vendors, members of the field
operations team, and guests. Positions are available on all
- Coordinates restaurant operations, including labor, inventory
variance and guest tracking responses during assigned shifts. May
be responsible for opening and closing the restaurant.
- Provides direction to Team Members clearly and concisely and
models the proper way to implement shift plans to ensure smooth
- Motivates Team Members to exceed guest expectations with food
and friendly service in clean surroundings and delegates in a way
that encourages teamwork and ensures restaurant operations comply
with Company standards.
- Complies with all loss control procedures and instructs Team
Members how to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers
and other Team Members.
- Works with team to act on guest feedback and resolve issues in
a timely, friendly and professional manner.
- Directs, trains and motivates Team Members on each of the
workstations during shift.
- Complies with the requirements of government regulations,
Burger King Corporate (BKC) Market Policy, food safety, BKC
security policy, operations, and BKC policies and procedures
relating to all restaurant activities during the shift.Minimum
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- High School diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- One year of restaurant management experience required
- Ability to motivate Team Members and provide clear, concise
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- ServSafe Certification preferredHow it's
Done:PEOPLE:Demonstrate Self-Awareness - Using a combination of
feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal
strengths and weaknesses.
- Knows strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits.
- Good listener, self-motivator and can motivate others.
- Proactively seeks feedback without being defensive.
- Reflects on activities and impact on others.Coaching, Feedback,
& Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet
- Holds restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering
excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with brand
systems, procedures, and food safety requirements.
- Creates an environment that enables people to be their
best.High Energy Relationships & Conflict Resolution - Relating
openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people and turning
inspiration and strategy that motivates others into action.
- Interacts with guests and the community; responds to guest
questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely manner to ensure
positive resolution and guest recovery using BLAST (Believe,
Listen, Apologies, Satisfy & Add Value, Thank)
- Treats employees with respect, dignity, and regularly
recognizes and rewards them.PROCESS:Decision Making & Productivity
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization
- Reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously
improve the guest experience.
- Maintains brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness,
maintenance, and excellent service.
- Partner with the restaurant manager in using management
information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial
performance.Delegating & Influencing Others - Understanding what
motivates people to foster an inspiring work environment to meet
commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Assigns activities and tasks.Communicates Dynamically -
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a
clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Identifies trends and implements action plans for
- Leads by example.PROFIT:Attracts & Develops Top Talent -
Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future
- Monitors staffing levels; recruits and selects employees to
talent and job profiles.
- Trains, develops, coaches, and evaluates employee performance;
ensures systems for training employees are fully implemented and
- Identifies and develops internal candidates for management and
team Leader positions.Financial Acumen - Interpreting and applying
the understanding of key financial indicators to make better
- Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant
- Complies with all state and federal labor laws and
- Focuses efforts on developing long term sales growth
initiatives designed to drive profitable sales growth.About
Us:Rackson Restaurants is recognized as one of the top QSR
operators in the US with a strong growth strategy and commitment to
values-based leadership. Putting people first is at the core of the
Company culture.About Burger KingEvery day, more than 11 million
guests visit BURGER KING - restaurants around the world. And they
do so because our restaurants are known for serving high-quality,
great-tasting, and affordable food. Founded in 1954, BURGER KING -
is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The
original HOME OF THE WHOPPER -, our commitment to premium
ingredients, signature recipes, and family-friendly dining
experiences is what has defined our brand for more than 50
successful years.Job types: Full-time, Part-timeEducation: No
education requiredWork location: On-site
Keywords: Burger King, Elizabeth , Restaurant Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Bound Brook, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!