Surgical Tech Or (Full Time)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Old Bridge
Posted on: March 18, 2023
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A Day in the Life of a Surgical Tech Or at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
--- Scrubs on all types of Surgery
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Performs prescribed treatments according to established policies and procedures.
- Provides competent monitoring, treatment, and/or care to patients appropriate for the individual, developmental, cultural, and spiritual needs of the patients served.
- Follows established policies and procedures for administration and documentation of medications.
- Informs registered nurse and/or nurse manager of patient's status, observes and reports symptoms, including any unexpected occurrence during operative procedures as appropriate.
- Interacts with patients, families' physicians and other health care team members using the principles of Pride in Caring.
--- Safety in the Environment of Care
- Operates equipment safely: Prepares and cares for equipment, returns supplies as necessary. Correctly labels and reports broken equipment.
- Intervenes with proper technique and utilizes procedures and safety precautions to maintain patient and personal safety in the environment of care.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique and principles of isolation according to policy and procedure.
--- Other duties
- Provides assistance to RN, MD, and other health care professionals as needed.
- Participates in on-call and off shift coverage.
- Provides coverage throughout Surgical Suite.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
--- Graduate of an approved school of Surgical Techs.
--- Minimum 1 or 2 years experience in a surgical setting.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Elizabeth , Surgical Tech Or (Full Time), Healthcare , Old Bridge, New Jersey
here to apply!