ShopRite - Health and Beauty Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: Old Bridge
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while maintaining and
operating the HABA Department in an efficient manner within Company
policy; to communicate with and courteously assist customers with
the selection and purchase of HABA items; to follow approved
procedures for receiving product, price marking and restocking to
ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
Minimum Required Qualifications
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces in accordance with
Department Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt and courteous
* Open cartons and display, store or break down items according to
established procedures and policies. Keep manager or other
designated Associate informed of low inventory conditions.
* Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory levels.
* Handle damaged products according to Company policy and assist in
controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or
in obtaining products that are either located in warehouses or that
they may have difficulty in handling.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to HABA Department that
weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand in designated working area for duration of scheduled shift,
which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of the
various type of merchandise.
* Sweep and mop floors, dust and face shelves and lift and carry
out trash containers.
* Maintain acceptable shelf and display conditions by stocking,
cleaning, straightening and rotating product.
* Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to
ensure quality protection and product rotation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the HABA operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Use a power or manual jack occasionally.
* Climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racks and storage
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform and
* Be knowledgeable in the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to
manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of
all chemical products.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as directed.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Elizabeth , ShopRite - Health and Beauty Clerk, Healthcare , Old Bridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!