Nurse Manager/Contract Coordinator (Nursing Administrator #)
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Clinical Coordinator opening in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
STG International is currently accepting resumes of Nurse
Manager/Contract Coordinators to work full-time providing medical
care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps
at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the
organizational structure of the United States Immigration and
Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO)
under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps
Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the
healthcare professionals working together to provide quality
healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for
detainee health care.
IHSC's mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of
individuals in the custody of ICE through an integrated health care
delivery system, based on nationally recognized correctional,
detention and residential health care standards. The Agency is
committed to providing healthcare services to protect the nation's
health, reduce global disease and provide medical support for the
law enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration
proceedings. IHSC is committed to ensuring a system of care that is
ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous surveillance
and monitoring activities.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential
healthcare setting (preferred, not required). REQUIRED EDUCATION
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an
entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Bachelor's Degree, from an accredited school reviewed by the
Department of Education, in Nursing, Health Care Administration,
Public Health or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a complex
health care setting as an administrator with strong business and
management skills in a complex health care setting.
- If the candidate is a Registered Nurse; graduated from an
accredited Nursing program for Registered Nurses located in a
State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory. REQURED
- If the candidate is a Registered Nurse; maintains current,
active and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
in the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to
license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers-- certification through
the American Heart Association--. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Knowledge of a broad range of concepts related to effective
supervision, staff administration and Human Recourses.
- Ability to effectively schedule, manage and team-build with a
- Knowledge of staff development and basic adult learner teaching
- Knowledge of the licensing and certification requirements for
the professional disciplines operating in the clinic.
- Knowledge of managing non-compliant patients, special needs
populations, and patients with significant deficits in coping
skills, thereby requiring continuing professional clinical
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients,
co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records, web based training and
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well
as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- If a Registered Nurse; knowledge of a wide range of complex
nursing concepts, principles, and practices to perform nursing
assessments of considerable diversity to include mental health,
medical surgical, ambulatory and emergency nursing care. MAJOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Key Personnel, provides a broad range of front line
supervision and management to all Vendor staff under their
- Plans, schedules, assigns, and directs contract staff.
- Performs personnel and Human Resources related functions.
- Completes staff evaluations annually and preferably
- Establishes and maintains a strong and positive working
relationship with the on-site
- Government Technical Monitor (GTM).
- Works closely with the GTM to ensure Contract staff
orientation, training and competency assessments are completed with
no interruptions to the daily operations.
- Produces reports regarding contractor productivity and monitors
contractor compliance with IHSC policy for all contract staff at
- Reviews identified patient records to assess treatment
progress, adequacy of record keeping, and implementation of
appropriate clinical guidelines and policy compliance.
- Meets regularly with government technical monitor to ensure
coordination and collaboration of staffing.
- Conducts in-services for contract staff on subjects on areas
within clinical prevue or related to contractor business.
- Leads or delegates the orientation and training of new contract
nursing personnel to protocols, requirements, and the specifics of
the patient population.
- Serves as a team member for analyzing established protocol
practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Participates with developing recommendations for improved
efficiency of patient care.
- Assists with program/project design activities, strategy
development, problem resolution, and project implementation.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program
policies and position.
- Maintains high level of functional proficiency and ease of use
utilizing agency's electronic health records.
- Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies
testing, initially and annually.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of
medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA
regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies,
Procedures, Directives, Operational Memoranda and accreditation
standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
- Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC's Safety, Prevention,
Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education and
other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to
- Attends and participates in general/medical staff
- If the candidate is a Registered Nurse; performs duties as a
Registered Nurse (see Registered Nurse Position Description) in
times of critical needs within the agency.
- Other duties as assigned. DUTY HOURS/ ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position is required to respond
during an emergency activation.
- This full time position is required to be available
telephonically and/or to report to the facility during non-duty
- This full time position requires availability to work days,
evenings and nights, as well as weekends and holidays. SECURITY
- The Department of Homeland Security's Personnel Security Unit
(PSU) must render an Initial Preliminary Favorable Fitness
Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by
PSU upon completion of initial, and between, subsequent background
investigations to meet the requirements of this position. PHYSICAL
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes
and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes,
where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging
detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may
require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs
significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of
aides if necessary (exceptions on a case by case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds...... click
apply for full job details
Keywords: STG International Inc, Elizabeth , Nurse Manager/Contract Coordinator (Nursing Administrator #), Healthcare , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!