Development Director, Walk MS
Company: National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit
that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world
free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by
MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore
what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our
collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease
forever. When you join our team you have the opportunity to make a
real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Director, Walk MS
leading the fundraising and engagement for Walk MS in this market.
The Director, Walk MS is responsible for leading the implementation
of the Walk MS operational plan across multiple markets to meet or
exceed revenue goals in the assigned area. This position will
manage a staff team and work closely with logistics and volunteer
engagement teams to ensure excellent event experience. This
position will engage market leaders, local staff, key volunteers,
and board members to reach revenue goals.
Drive Walk MS revenue and participation (70% of time):
- Develop market specific tactics for increasing engagement,
registration, and fundraising through consistent metrics analysis
and leadership of Revenue Performance meetings.
- Drive key strategies by organizing volunteers, staff, and
participants during critical periods of the campaign.
- Responsible for portfolio oversight including the creation of
strong and balanced portfolios across the staff as well as ensuring
consistent use of relationship management tools and collaboration
through relationship management teams.
- Manage and grow revenue and engagement of assigned relationship
- Ensure highest level of event experience by working in
collaboration with logistics and volunteer engagement to determine
event dates, locations, and components within the plan that can be
highlighted or enhanced on event day.
- Coach, develop and directly supervise a team of development
professionals responsible for Walk MS revenue in assigned
- Accelerate revenue growth through acquisition of and expansion
of local corporate partners.
- Engage market leaders in Walk MS budgeted revenue assessments
and revenue growth planning.
- Implement processes that enable rapid adoption of successful
tactics into the assigned event revenue portfolio.
Facilitate Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event
experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio (10%)
- Engage volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is
well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and
resources in their local market.
- Identify, develop and grow volunteer capacity to achieve
measurable and sustainable results while removing
- Build and develop volunteer leadership committees to grow
revenue and participation in Walk MS.
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating
Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve
performance and behaviors.
- Cultivate volunteers, seek and provide feedback and shares
opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Provides Leadership and expertise as part of the Walk MS Team
responsible for achieving revenue goals (20% of time)
- Responsible for hiring and training market staff, ensuring
competencies in the Walk MS Operational Plan and various reporting
tools, in addition to general trainings for the Society and other
tools critical to their success.
- In partnership with staff, develop and monitor individualized
professional development plans, creating capacity and opportunities
for growth while removing obstacles.
- Work with market leader and local Board of Directors to grow
Walk MS revenue and event participation.
- Collaborate with other functional staff across the organization
to ensure successful event execution and revenue
- Manage revenue and expense budget for assigned area.
Keywords: National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Elizabeth , Development Director, Walk MS, Executive , Oakhurst, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!