Care Management Support Coordinator
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: May 26, 2023
OverviewCommunicates internally and externally with members or
clients to coordinate reports, data entry and tracking of tasks for
various programs. Participates in non-clinical customer service for
members or clients. Provides administrative support to staff. Works
under general supervision.Responsibilities
- Identifies nature of issues, independently responds to and
resolves non-clinical issues and complaints and escalates clinical
issues to appropriate department and staff.
- Assists in monitoring member and client satisfaction through
phone calls to verify service, answering questions and providing
information. Documents service issues, identifies trends and
recommends potential solutions.
- Maintains program specific expertise and organization
structure. Acts as a resource to member or client.
- Serves as a resource in the resolution of member or
- Establishes effective customer-focused working relationships
with members and/or clients, physicians, and providers of long-term
- Participates in team meetings and provides input on customer
- Protects the confidentiality of member or client information
and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
- Ensures compliance with VNSNY policies and procedures as well
as all Federal and State regulations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.For Partners in Care ONLY:
- Provides reports and analysis as required by the program.
- Works with team members to ensure that daily program tasks are
completed including telephone calls to prospective program
- Tracks visits scheduled and completed by clinical team and
follows up on completion as needed.
- Coordinates telephonic intake and responses to both clinical
and non-clinical customer service issues.For CHOICE ONLY:
- Coordinates telephonic intake and scheduling of visits for
- Works with members, providers, and staff to identify and
resolve member service and retention related issues. Educates
potential members/community representatives on plan features, plan
benefits, and program admission requirements.
- Communicates with members and their families regarding
information about MLTC services.For CMHS ONLY:
- Monitors and tracks the progress of clients/members with
complex psychiatric and/or co-morbid medical conditions.
- Educates potential clients/members on program features,
benefits, and admission requirements.
- Tracks all medical, behavioral, substance use, and network
referrals made for client/member; ensures that client/member follow
up on referrals and attend scheduled appointments.
- Calls clients/members to remind them of important appointments
and/or initial appointments to new service providers. Provides
phone outreach to clients/members who have been non-compliant with
necessary treatment appointments or have missed appointments for
initial visits with new providers.
- Ensures that relevant team members receive important
client/member alerts, including ED visits, hospitalization
admission/discharge information, and other urgent
- Monitors client/member entitlements, insurance and benefits to
ensure they remain in place. Alerts management when
entitlements/benefits lapse, and assists management with
reinstatement of discontinued benefits.QualificationsLicensure:
Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.Education:
High School degree or equivalent required. Associate Degree in a
healthcare related field preferred.Experience: Minimum of two years
of customer service experience required. Experience in a health
care organization preferred. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and
data systems required. General office experience including billing,
accounts receivables and/or bookkeeping preferred. Bilingual skills
may be required, as determined by regional/operational needs.
Keywords: VNS Health, Elizabeth , Care Management Support Coordinator, Executive , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...