Business Operations Manager (Exterior Envelope and Facade)
Company: Construction Specialties
Location: Highland Park
Posted on: July 30, 2022
This position supports our Louvres, Grilles, and Sunshades Business
Unit. - -
Exterior Envelope and Facade experience is required.
Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty
building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building
challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility
managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first
extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. -Our products are a part of some of the most iconic
buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj
Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit
Hub in Manhattan. -If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere
and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges,
we're the right place -for you. CS\: Making Buildings Better -
SCOPE OF POSITION\:
Responsible for leading and managing the customer service and order
support functions for the business unit of responsibility. This
includes directing the staff and business operations of the
department to achieve increased customer satisfaction levels while
improving the impact and influence of the department on other BU
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES\:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
including but not necessarily limited to the following\:
- In location or region, Continually provides leadership,
direction and training to the customer service, drafting and
project management teams; as well as new sales channel members .,
Customer Service Reps and customer service team to ensure high
levels of service to our customers and sales representatives as
they answer inquiries from customers, sales reps and architects
concerning price, application of products, technical product
information, commissions/overages, purchase order amendments, and
other assigned duties.
- Monitors and coaches the Customer Service and Drafting
Supervisors and Project Managers in location or region to ensure
proper application and interpretation of business policies
- Maintains familiarity with the on-going and future needs of our
customers and sales representatives, aligns necessary support
functions, such as drafting, anticipates future changes affecting
the product line and strategically positions the product line to
take advantage of these changes. -
- Enlists the development and use of key metrics to optimize
financial business decisions.
- Responsible for continuous improvement practices and for
implementing policies and procedures alongside best practices
including developing processes that meet business needs across all
- Actively involves counterparts and stakeholders within other CS
BU's on change initiatives to ensure alignment and consistency to
new and/or modified policies, procedure, and processes;
exemplifying a unified company mentality.
- Understands and assures adherence to departmental and company
procedures and policies, offering recommended changes to applicable
senior leadership to increase business efficiency.
- Acts as interdepartmental liaison to ensure the customer
service, drafting and project management departments and staff work
effectively with the sales, estimating and production functions of
the assigned product lines.
- Researches the background of issues, investigation, policy
interpretation and adjustment or correction in effort to offer
direction and solutions to team on unresolved customer/sales rep
concerns, drafting issues and problems with accounts or products as
they relate to pre- and post -sales issues and project
- Handles all service and support escalations from within the
department and contacts customers and sales representatives if
required, regarding unusual terminology, policy departure,
priority, cancellations, etc.
- Prepares status reports concerning departmental activities and
work in progress as required.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001
- Guides work group problem solving process toward continuous
improvement of quality and productivity measures and expediently
advises groups of any organizational changes that may affect their
processes. Ensures that department goals are pertinent and clear to
all. Helps group reach consensus of key issues. Prepares status
reports concerning departmental activities and work in progress as
required, including root cause analysis when needed
- Ensures that performance reviews in the department are
meaningful and applicable and conducted on time
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced personnel in
current business operations while ensuring best practices as
identified are routinely incorporated.
- Works with senior stakeholders - identifying and addressing
problems and opportunities for the company.
- Builds alliances and partnerships with other company
groups/teams - both internally and externally.
- Promotes a company culture that encourages top performance and
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION\: (Minimum Education
and/or Experience required)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or technical
- Five or more years related in-depth experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience with
generating positive customer experiences.
- Exterior Envelope and Facade experience is required.
- Glass, glazing, curtainwall experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relation skills and professional
- Computer literacy
- Previous knowledge and experience with using ERP software
applications within the manufactured environment are preferred
(SAP, BPCS, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand complicated purchase order terms
- Knowledge of sales/sales support procedures
- Exhibits motivation, determination, and decisiveness despite
internal and external pressures
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills
as well as the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Yes. Size and scope of team can vary by location(s) and/or
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Elizabeth , Business Operations Manager (Exterior Envelope and Facade), Executive , Highland Park, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!