Posted on: January 7, 2022
Posted Date: Nov 29, 2021
We are hiring immediately for a SERVICE MANAGER position.
- Location: 190 Homestead Ave, Avenel, NJ 07001. Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday through Friday, more details upon
- Details: Scheduling vending route drivers on a daily basis.
Working with drivers and management to create schedules.
- Requirement: Previous experience with dispatching and route
scheduling & Excel knowledge.
- Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard
online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition
ID number 935176 . Click here to view more.If you have a positive
attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining
our team.Canteen is a national vending machine operating company
offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through
a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states.
Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company
founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three
timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.Job
SummarySummary: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers
engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining
machinery. Responsible for building, vehicles and grounds.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in the
Maintenance and Installation Department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains vending machine refrigeration units,
which includes lifting/moving them.
- Manages, organizes, and puts away all parts for vending
- Dispatches and routes service technicians.
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, and mechanical
maintenance and repair of machines and equipment. Assists workers
in diagnosing malfunctions in vending machines. Interprets
specifications and schematics to workers.
- Directs workers engaged in assembling, retrofitting, upgrading
and installing vending machines. Installs Market Central
environments or other architectures. Communicates with clients
regarding power/spec requirements, problems and schedules.
- Requisitions and keeps supply of spare parts within budgetary
- Studies productivity and schedules to estimate worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or
adjusts work procedures to meet maintenance schedules. Assigns
- Implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment
to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew; provides
a safe work environment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety
regulations. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to
achieve work goals. Assists workers in solving work-related
problems. Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
individuals; performs activities of workers supervised, as
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
by law.Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Canteen, Elizabeth , SERVICE MANAGER, Executive , Avenel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!