Quality Control, Associate Risk Management
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Quality Control, Associate Risk
Management-2000604DescriptionSantander------s Commercial Banking
Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and
risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized
companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have
expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors
including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education,
health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander------s balance sheet
and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their
businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling
solutions. In addition, Santander------s significant international
presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help
companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Commercial Bank------s Quality Control (QC) function is owned
and managed by the first line of defense (1st LOD). The goal of QC
is to ensure that risks are being managed in alignment with risk
tolerance and appetite through the consistent application of the
bank------s standards, regulatory compliance, and adherence to
policies and procedures. QC will promote an environment of high
standards by seeking to reduce or eliminate errors before they can
make a significant impact.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute QC testing and monitoring requirements based on
documented sampling methodologies, test scripts, and reporting
- Assist with drafting the scope, defining the sampling
methodology, writing test scripts, and reporting for new QC
- Assist the Business and Operation teams with remediating
findings and providing clarification on policy or procedure
- Support the QC manager to identify, develop and document
corrective action plans for noted trends or deficiencies.
- Travel, as required, to perform quality control review of all
applicable lines of business and offices.
- Partner with the business to enhance or implement controls to
- Participate in special projects as directed by the QC
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and
strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively
encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk
Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- 5 to 9 years prior experience with a Commercial Banking
Portfolio Management or Loan Administration, Internal Audit, Risk
Management, Quality Assurance or Quality Control.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, and Visio.
- Ability to build positive relationships with team members
across the organization.
- Ability to interact successfully with a variety of business
partners across the organization including sales, underwriting,
portfolio monitoring, loan administration, legal, compliance,
technology and operations, to ensure risks are mitigated and
compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in
dynamic environment, that demands the ability to manage multiple,
and often competing priorities.
- Understand complex business processes, risks and controls in
manual / automated environment.
- Attention to detail in addition to strong analytical and
problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to
summarize and present complex information and issues succinctly for
the required target audience.
Job:Business ControlPrimary Location:New Jersey-Florham Park-200
Park Avenue - 06400 - Florham ParkOrganization:Commercial Banking
(4700)Schedule:Full-timeJob Posting:Feb 6, 2020, 3:21:14 PM
Keywords: Santander, Elizabeth , Quality Control, Associate Risk Management, Executive , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!