Company: American Linehaul Corp
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Compensation: Starts at $30 per hour - Pay commensurate with
American Linehaul Corporation is currently seeking a Diesel
Mechanic for our terminal in Elizabeth, NJ.
This is a full-time and permanent position within a consistently
Why Work Here?
A consistently growing company. The candidate that is chosen for
this job will have great growth potential within the
- Sick pay (PTO)
- Paid vacation time starts accruing after 90 days
- Paid holidays and your birthday
- Medical - 2 options offered
- Dental offered
- Vision offered
- 401K with company match
Responsible for maintaining equipment in a safe and cost-efficient
manner. The technician is responsible for performing routine
maintenance, servicing and repairing of tractors and trailers.
Technicians must be able to complete all fleet maintenance
processes and ensure that units always meet DOT specifications.
- Minimum 2 years experience in all phases of tractor, trailer,
tow motor and forklift repair or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Superior fabrication/welding experience required.
- Hydraulic experience.
- Prior work experience in a shop is required and some road
service experience preferred
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and lift up to 75
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Heavy Brakes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Must have basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with
- Field Mechanic position
- Most repairs are outdoors
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as
a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required
prior to first day of employment.
Keywords: American Linehaul Corp, Elizabeth , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!