Vice President -- Corporate Actions Risk, Regulatory, Oversight, Control and Strategic - Jersey City
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Citi Market Operations and Operations Technology is currently at a
pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target
operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People
and our culture. We are invested in people and their development.
We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an
exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and
We are a dynamic, global and diverse Organisation, with a presence
in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations
teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements,
Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities
Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets
products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit,
Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant
top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime
Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a
significant growth program to continue to build out its
capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI
and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets
business and has significant impact across the lifecycle of a
Trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders
including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal,
Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our
external client base, playing a key role in the overall client
experience. We have a Client relationship group dedicated to
overseeing the group service performance and strategic partnership
for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in
supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first class
experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Digitization and Implementation group works alongside our
Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for
operational challenges. We partner with Citi--s innovation labs to
drive optimization and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us
to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology groups develop and implement a wide range of
applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and
Implementation groups in providing innovative products and
solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and
service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision,
culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and
adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We
encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst
taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm.
Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco
system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial
intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control
environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with
global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive
approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the
continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the
firm and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners and
regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the
forefront to optimise and streamline processes, and drive strategy
across our industry.
Job Purpose :
This role is within ICG Markets Operations and Technology. The role
is within the Asset Servicing group which is a high-risk function
and part of the Markets Operations and Technology division. Asset
Servicing is represented Globally across the NAM, EMEA and APAC
regions. The Asset Servicing department is an integral part of the
ICG O&T division and has responsibility for processing
Corporate Actions and Income events for Firms and client--s
positions. It is one of the highest risk areas within operations.
The unit provides client-orientated support to both the front and
middle offices and utilises all processes of the other areas of
operations. The department supports, Prime Brokerage, Firm trading
desks, Stock Lending, Repo, and SWAPS for both Equity and Fixed
The role is a senior individual contributor role to perform
functions relating to Risk, Regulations, Oversight, Control and
Strategic developments for Corporate Actions Processing. The role
will report directly into the Corporate Actions ROCS Team Manager
and will be responsible for continuing to strengthen the experience
within the teams whilst enhancing risk and control frameworks,
aligning to company strategy and vision.
- Performing net position calculations to ensure compliance with
SEC Rule 14e-4; coordinate across multiple firm and client accounts
to capture position changes and elections on eligible net long
- Provide training both remotely and on site to the Buffalo
Corporate Action team as part of new starter training, general
training and specific targeted training on the back of remedial
- Communication with escalation contacts across all internal
departments such as Front Office, Middle Office, Settlements,
Product Control, Secure Coding, Compliance, Network Management and
Operations Control. This may include running escalation calls with
on risk events across the globe with the business, MO and Ops
- Ability to pro-actively escalate internally within Operations,
Control, ORM and Business.
- Perform process reviews, identifying any gaps and implementing
controls and/or process to deliver Global consistency.
- Attend market industry forums and represent Citi Markets.
- Key Asset Servicing contact in respect of projects on the back
of Regulatory changes.
- Cover all regulatory aspects for Corporate Actions
- Oversight duties such as performing deep dive reviews and
- Manager Control Assessment Sampling, ARCM reviews, Quarterly
Risk Assessments, updates and management.
- Control tasks such as reviewing end of day reports, preparing
data and chairing break/Control meetings, Procedure reviews and
other similar duties.
- Support and be a key lead in strategic automation for all
platforms. Identify areas for Manual Touch point reduction and
demonstrate working towards simplification strategy.
- Key contact for any new business initiatives that impact Asset
- Key point person during any Audits, Control or Regulatory
reviews and actions.
- Tracking of incidents and near misses including monitoring of
- Support and cover for Income team colleagues during period of
extensive volume, holiday and cross training.
- Provide cover for Processing Teams in exceptional circumstances
- Provide processing support for ad-hoc instructions for
conversions, SPAC splits (detachments), warrants, exchanges, DRS,
and legend removals.
- Monitor and review trends via Error, KPI--s and metric analysis
and implement corrective action plans to maintain the culture of
- Ability to pro-actively escalate internally within Operations,
Control, ORM and Business.
- Ability to identify issues, gaps in controls and execute
- Continuously enhance risk and control framework to reduce
opportunity for losses and/or near misses.
- Manage any Corrective Action Plans as assigned.
- Understand, implement and monitoring of all market and
regulatory changes.Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Series 99 preferred or ability to obtain within months of
- Significant experience in Tier 1 global financial
- SME knowledge in Asset Servicing, with experience in Corporate
Action Processing. Understanding of Stock Record; long/shorts, and
various position types including stock lending positions
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who
can positively and productively add product impact to both
strategic and tactical technology.
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and
- Strong risk management and control mind-set; understanding of
the critical risks and necessary controls related to corporate
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual
information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on
diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals
throughout the business with a clear client orientation.
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice
perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Ability to conceptualize aspects of the organization--s model
and its future development.
Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi--) invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities..... click
apply for full job details
Keywords: Citi, Elizabeth , Vice President -- Corporate Actions Risk, Regulatory, Oversight, Control and Strategic - Jersey City, Accounting, Auditing , Elizabeth, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!